The Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán is the Sevilla Fútbol Club stadium, and it hosts the matches of one of the city’s football clubs.
Are you planning to attend a Sevilla FC match? Make sure to get your Sevilla FC tickets well in advance!
Here’s a complete guide to do so, in case you need it.
If you’re interested in the current season, check the official dates to see if any of these fits your itinerary.
The history behind the Estadio Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán
It was inaugurated in 1958, though major renovations have taken place throughout the years, specially in the mid-90s.
The Sevilla Fútbol Club, also known as Sevilla, was founded in 1905 and it is one of the most important sport symbols of Seville. Because of the city’s other club and main rival, the Real Betis Balompié, the city is basically divided in half between Sevilla and Betis fans.
Sevilla FC supporters are popularly known as ‘Palanganas’. You’ll hear them shout songs and chants as soon as you enter the premises. The atmosphere is specially impressive if this is your first time attending a football match.
Don’t miss the areas located behind the goals. The ‘Biris’ are always located at the gol norte, while the ‘Supporters Gol Sur’ are on the opposite side. Both groups always have the initiative when supporting and singing. From time to time, they organize mosaics if the match is a special occasion.
How to buy Sevilla FC tickets
The easiest way to get your Sevilla FC tickets is buying them online.
The purchasing process is very easy, but here’s a complete guide on how to buy Sevilla FC tickets in case you need it.
Here are the steps you should follow:
1. First, have a look at the official calendar of matches and check the dates when Sevilla FC play home. Please bear in mind that the final date and time of the match are confirmed only a few days before.
Note that the match generally takes place on a Saturday or Sunday, although La Liga also takes place on Fridays and Mondays. It’s rare but matches can sometimes take place other days of the week due to calendar restrictions.
2. Then, choose the area of the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán where you would like to seat. Don’t worry, it’s easy looking at the seating chart.
3. Finally, once you have selected the match and the seat area, complete the purchasing process. Double check your personal details, particularly your email address to get your purchase confirmation email.
How to get to the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán stadium
The stadium is located in the Nervión neighborhood, a residential area not far away from Seville’s city center.
You can get there by
- Bus catching one of the following lines: B3, B4, C1, C2, 5, 22, 28, 29, 32, 52 and EA (airport bus). Have a look at the Tussam bus map for more information. The stadium is located in the D5 square.
- Metro taking the line 1 and getting to the Nervión station. From there, it’s a 2-minute walk to the stadium.
- Foot if you want to go to the stadium right after to arrive to Seville by train. It’s a 10-minute walk from Santa Justa train station following some very simple directions. As soon as you exit the main building, take Avenida de José Laguillo and walk to your left. Reach a big roundabout where you can see a Mediamarkt store and the Hotel Ayre opposite. Keep walking, cross Luis Montoto and walk towards El Corte Inglés – a big department store. Walk along a mall called Nervión Plaza. After a couple of blocks, you reach the stadium.
- Taxi, though I don’t recommend it unless you have a good sense of direction, and you have some written directions to guide you along the ride.
Visit the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán stadium
The ‘Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán Tour’ walks you through the most emblematic areas of the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán stadium. Visit the trophy room, the home team changing room, the press room, and the players’ tunnel. Additionally, you can access to different areas of the stadium, including the field grass.
Enjoy the ‘Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán Tour’ and feel like a true Sevilla FC player!