Are you looking to purchase your Seville bus tickets online? You sure do because there is need to go to a travel agency or ticket counter. You can do it at your convenience in your home or office.
But are you having a hard time using any of the Spanish bus companies’ websites?
These websites are far from being user friendly: they doesn’t have a simple interface and some sections are not even translated into English…
On top of it, most payment platforms aren’t compatible with most international debit and credit cards. So it’s very likely that you’ll get an error message every time you try to complete your purchase. This means that you need to got through the whole booking process over and over and never getting your tickets.
It’s very frustrating. I know.
You can’t imagine how many emails I get every single day asking for my help.
Fortunately, I’ve found the perfect solution for you (and for the rest of us!).
If you’re thinking to bus travel in Spain, the best way to organize your trip is purchasing your tickets online through Omio’s website. You’ll avoid the hassle of long lines at the stations’ ticket offices, and you can buy your ticket whenever you like.
This is a step-by-step tutorial that will guide through all the steps you need to complete to safely purchase your ticket from your computer.
Why should you use Omio to get your Seville bus tickets?
After years answering to hundreds of emails of travelers who couldn’t get their bus tickets at either the company website or most resellers, I am confident to say that Omio is the best option to purchase your Seville bus tickets.
The reasons why I recommend you Omio are:
- Omio is the official reseller of Alsa, Avanza and all the big companies operating buses in Spain.
- Omio sells bus tickets for the same price as the Spanish carriers.
- You get the exact same fares on routes as the official bus companies’ websites. However, there is a small booking fee tacked on at the end of the process, and it varies depending on where you are buying from. Usually it’s a few percent of the total price, but it’s well worth it.
- The purchase process on Omio is much simpler than on any bus company’s website.
- Omio accepts most international credit cards, PayPal and Google Pay.
- You will always receive your tickets on time, by email and in electronic format.
How to purchase your Seville bus tickets on Omio
Below you’ll find a step by step guide to help you purchase your Seville bus tickets through Omio‘s website.
The interface is very friendly and the process is incredibly straightforward.
Step 1: Go to Omio website
Go to www.omio.com.
1. Change the website language to English.
If the website isn’t displayed in English, choose the US or British flag in the top menu. This changes the site’s language to English (US or UK).
2. Display the prices in euros (EUR).
By default, prices are displayed in euros.
However, if you click on the ‘€’ sign, you’ll access a drop-down menu allowing you to display prices in American dollars (USD), British pounds (GBP), Canadian dollars (CAD), Australian dollars (AUD), and several other currencies. So you can be charged in your preferred currency.
But for the sake of simplicity, I recommend you to display the prices in euros (EUR) from the beginning.
3. Create an Omio user account.
Even if you’re only going to buy one ticket, you should definitely create an account.
As a registered user you can log in and retrieve your booking in case
- Your internet connection fails for any reason.
- You need to change or cancel bookings.
Apart form this, being a registered user allows you to
- Book a ticket from your computer and use it directly from your smartphone with the Omio app.
- Add your fellow travellers.
- Pre-book your tickets and keep them stored neatly in one place.
- Save your credit card to your Omio account so you can pay with one click.
To register click on the “Create an account” link located on the right corner of the top sidebar. On the pop up window, you can sign up with Facebook, Google, Apple or an email address and a password (my favorite option). Fill in all the information required and click the red “Create account” button.
Return to the homepage.
Make sure that you are now logged in. If not, do so.
Step 2: Search your Seville bus tickets
Fill out the top search bar form with your trip details and run a search.
1. Select the type of trip.
Select “One-way” or “Return trip” from the drop-down menu.
2. Select the number of travelers.
Click on “1 adult, No discount card” to determine your age and those of the people that will be traveling with you on the drop-down menu.
Add as much passengers as necessary clicking on the ‘+’ sign. Don’t forget to include all children, including those younger than 4 years old.
In the unlikely event that you have a loyalty card, click on the slider “Add discount card”. Then click on the icon next to each passenger to add as many loyalty cards as necessary. Once you have added all loyalty cards, click on “Confirm”.
Then, click anywhere on the screen to close de pop up window.
3. Enter your origin (departure) station typing the city from which you’re leaving.
For cities like Madrid or Barcelona, you’ll see that there’s more than one station. Avoid any confusion selecting the city’s name (don’t specify the station). Once you’ve purchased your tickets, you’ll be able to check out the departure and arrival station.
4. Enter your destination (arrival) station typing the city where you’re arriving to.
As you did before, just select the name of the city without specifying the station.
5. Set the date of the outbound trip.
Select the date of the outbound trip from the calendar. Choose the one that suits you best from the displayed options.
If you intend to make a one-way trip, the “Return trip” option will be blacked out.
Click on the red “Search” button.
6. If you want to buy a Return ticket, set the date of the Return trip.
7. Click on the red “Search” button.
Step 3: Select your preferred fares
A new screen shows the departing and arriving times of the bus and the fares for your trip.
If tickets are not available for the date you chose, the system will inform you so.
1. Use the top search area to change your trip details (optional).
You can change your departure and/or destination station, the date(s) of your trip and the number and age of the travelers.
2. Select your outbound trip bus.
a) In the lower left area, you can see the search results for your outbound trip bus.
By default, Omio displays the results sorted by departure time.
You can also sort them by the:
- Cheapest and fastest trip.
- Cheapest trip.
- Fastest trip.
If you’re buying tickets for several people, the amount shown is the total value of all the tickets you’re looking to buy. For example, if you selected 2 passengers, the value shown is the total value for all 2 passengers.
b) By clicking the “Filter” button to access to additional options.
3. Click on your preferred tickets.
When you’ve determined your preferred option, click on your preferred tickets to go to the next screen.
4. Select your return trip train (if necessary).
As you did with your outbound trip tickets, select your return trip ones.
Step 4: Confirm your selection
Check and confirm that everything is correct.
On the next screen, you can see the information corresponding to your booking. Take your time to check and confirm that all the information is correct before making the payment.
Once you’ve done it, click on the red “Go to passenger details” button.
Step 5: Fill up your personal details (if you registered in step 1, skip to step 6)
1. Do a quick sign up or fill out your personal and contact details.
In case you haven’t registered previously as I advised, the system gives you 2 options:
- Sign up through Facebook or Google.
- Provide your personal and contact details. At end of the form, you can activate a slider allowing the system to use your personal data in order to create a user account. Again, I advise you to select this option to make things easier for future bookings or to see your bookings.
2. Double check your email address.
Please DOUBLE CHECK your email address. The tickets will be sent to the address you provide and you’ll retrieve them there.
3. Click on the red “Review journey details” button.
Confirm that everything is correct and click on the red “Review journey details” button.
Step 6: Confirm your tickets
1. Check your email address and your booking details.
In the next screen, you’ll see
- Your name and email address where your Seville bus tickets will be sent to.
- The information corresponding to your booking.
Check and confirm that all the information is correct before making the payment.
2. Select the type of insurance you want.
You can choose to either:
- Get a cancellation insurance.
- Get a travel insurance.
- Don’t get any insurance at all.
Once you’ve selected one of these options, scroll down the screen.
Step 7: Pay your tickets
Omio currently accepts credit cards, debit cards, PayPal and Google Pay.
1. If you decide to pay by card.
Fill in the information on your credit card or debit card (name on card, card number, expiration date and CVV).
Click the “Pay” button.
2. If you decide to pay with PayPal or Google Pay.
- Select the PayPal option and click the “Pay” button. A pop-up window will show up asking you to login in into PayPal and confirm the payment.
- Select the Google Pay option and click the “Pay” button. Then select the payment method you want to pay with.
Step 8: Retrieve your tickets
If the purchase is completed successfully, a new screen confirming the transaction will show up.
Soon after, you’ll get an email with your tickets attached in PDF format.
You have 2 ways of retrieving your bus tickets:
- You can print the PDF yourself on A4/Letter sized paper. Make sure that each ticket is printed on a different sheet of paper, and don’t cut any parts of the ticket.
- You can download Omio‘s app that allows you to keep track of all your tickets and easily find them when boarding your bus.
Once you’ve done that you’re ready to travel!
Can you get your Seville bus tickets at the station ticket office?
Well, there’s nothing wrong with that.
So yes. You can buy your Seville bus tickets directly at the ticket office of any station.
But if I were you, I wouldn’t do it because:
- Some buses (particularly certain popular lines) have a high level of occupancy. You may end up not finding any available seats on the bus that suits you best.
- Depending on the date and time of the day or if you’re traveling during a popular holiday (e.g. Easter or Christmas), you may find long lines at the ticket office.
This article is part of a complete tutorial about bus travel to Seville where you can read all the information you need to organize your bus trip.
Here is a complete summary of all the guide: