There are many options to arrive to Seville. Plane is the fastest and most comfortable one, especially if you’re coming from an international destination.
Seville is very well connected to the rest of Spain and into Europe.
If you’re coming from outside Europe, however, you will probably fly into Madrid or Barcelona. From there, you can continue to Seville by plane, train, rental car or bus. So a good option to get to Seville from outside of Spain is to fly into San Pablo Airport.
Getting to Seville: is the plane the best option?
In short, it depends.
There’s no yes or no answer as it really depends on where you’re coming from.
You’re flying to Seville from Europe
Seville is very well connected to the rest of Spain and into Europe. Arriving from other places in Europe is easiest achieved by plane, and there are handful of airlines that operate daily flights to Seville airport from all around Europe.
So there’s no need to spend hours trying to find out how to actually get here!
You’re flying to Seville from outside Europe
Whether you’re immediately heading to Seville or you intend to spend a few days in Madrid or Barcelona, you’ll face a dilemma… Some will recommend you taking a high-speed train, others recommend flying. So what should you do?
What would be easiest?
If you’re immediately heading to Seville, the easiest would be to fly without a doubt. You are already at the airport and getting to the train station to catch a high-speed train takes time and it’s a hassle.
If you intend to spend a few days in Madrid or Barcelona, the easiest would be to catch a high-speed train. You would depart from the city center and you wouldn’t need to check your luggage, go through security again and all the cumbersome airport procedures.
What would be cheapest?
Nevertheless, easiest is not always synonym of cheapest…
The best piece of advice that I can give you in this case is that you check both fares:
- The flight fare from Madrid or Barcelona to Seville. Below you’ll find some hacks to find cheap air flights.
- The high-speed train fare from Madrid or Barcelona to Seville. Here you have 7 tricks for cheap train travel in Spain.
Nowadays there’s a lot of competition in Spain both between airlines and railway operators. So your choice of plane or train will basically depend on your budget (how much you want to spend) and your travel comfort (how much hassle you can bear).
Search your plane tickets to Seville
There is a lot of research and information to collect when planning your trip.
If you decide to get to Seville by plane, booking your flights should come even before booking your hotel or apartment.
So let’s get to the point.
How far in advance should you book your flight to Seville?
It’s a question everyone wishes they knew the answer to — when is the best time to book your flight? And unfortunately, there’s no right answer… In short, in depends.
But there are some general trends to understand in order to find the lowest fares. The advice differs whether you’re planning a domestic or international trip:
- How far in advance should you book domestic flights? The general advice is to book domestic flights between one and four months in advance.
- How far in advance should you book international flights? Generally, you should be booking international flights about six months or so in advance.
Nevertheless, Knowing when to book airfare isn’t a science. There’s no magic formula, except the try&fail strategy…
Are there really cheap airline tickets to Seville?
Short answer: yes!
You only need to learn a few tricks and hacks on how to find very cheap international flights.
Once you have become a master (which is not as hard as it seems, it is only a matter of time), look for cheap air flights to Spain.
A complete Seville Airport guide
Seville Airport is known as Aeropuerto de Sevilla-San Pablo. The international code of the airport is SVQ.
It’s the 6th busiest inland airport in Spain for the number of passengers that use it (5+ million per year). Almost 20 airlines operate here and more than 80 routes are served.
Have a look at some practical information related to Seville Airport transfers:
- Here is a complete guide on how to exit the airport.
- Read everything you need to know about getting to the airport from the city center.
This article is part of a complete tutorial on how to fly to Seville where you can read all the information you need to organize your flights to the country.
Here is a complete summary of all the guide:
1. How to find very cheap international flights
2. Looking for cheap air flights to Spain?
3. Getting to Seville by plane
4. Seville Airport guide: Aeropuerto de Sevilla-San Pablo
5. Guide on Seville Airport transfers
6. Arriving at Seville Airport: exit the airport after landing
7. Getting to Seville Airport: go to the airport from the city center
8. Seville Airport hotels