If you are interested in buying bullfight tickets (billetes) have a look at the following tips.
Purchasing tickets can prove tricky without knowing a little bit about the different type of seats, where to buy them and have an idea of a price range.
With the following suggestions and advice, you will learn everything you need to know to get the best tickets.
Get your Seville bullfighting tickets now. And purchase them as early as you can!
Tip: The bullfighting season in Seville is relatively short. If you are travelling around Spain and happen to spend some time in Madrid, have a look at the official schedule to check if some date fits your itinerary. Madrid’s season is the longest in the world so chances are there will be a bullfight while you are there.
The best way to ensure you get good seats at a bullfighting is to order them online before you leave home. It’s just a couple of clicks away!
You have 3 options to purchase your bullfight tickets:
Tickets are released a few days after the official dates are released. Depending on the event, bullfight tickets for a particular corrida can be sold in just a few hours.
So as you may have guessed, the sooner you get your tickets, the greater your chance of choosing the best seats.
And that is why I always recommend to purchase your tickets as soon as possible. In other words, get them as soon as you know the dates in which you will be traveling.
Again, your preferred option should always be purchasing your Seville bullfight tickets online.
As with any other show, the price of a ticket depends on several factors:
Having this in mind, you should not be surprised if a ticket to attend a bullfight at Las Ventas in Madrid is more expensive than at La Maestranza. In similar fashion, you will pay more to see the biggest names in the industry than a beginner novillero.
Therefore, prices for corridas can go from less than 20€ to several hundred euros depending on where and when you buy it.
In La Maestranza, the best seats are situated in the tendidos 1, 2, 3 and 4 because those tendidos are located on either side of the president’s box.
As you may have guessed, the closer to the arena, the better the seat (and the more expensive).
So the best rows in these sections are:
These are the seats in La Maestranza that I recommend you, in order of preference.
La Maestranza has a seating capacity of 12,000+ and it is divided into 3 different areas. Each of these areas is divided into several sections or tendidos. In other words, a tendido is a “slice” of the bullring.
Moreover, La Maestranza has different types of seats depending on their location and how close to the arena they are:
A look at La Maestranza seat map will help you visualizing the seats’ distribution.
The process to purchase your bullfight tickets online is very simple. Follow this step by step guide and you will complete the purchase in just a few minutes.
1. Select the bullfight you want to go to depending on your travel dates.
2. After what you have read in the previous sections regarding the seats specifications, have a look at the seating chart and select the area you want to sit in (sombra, sol y sombra or sol).
3. Select your seats. Remember that the closer to the arena, the better visibility these seats have but also the more expensive they are.
4. Fill out your personal details. At this point, you can also register (which is something that you should do) so that all your personal information is saved for future purchases. Confirm that all your personal information, and your email address in particular, is correct. Otherwise, you will not receive the confirmation email.
5. Select your payment method and fill out your payment details.
Once you receive the confirmation email, you are done!