If you are interested in buying Seville bullfight tickets (billetes) have a look at the following tips.
Purchasing tickets can prove tricky without knowing a little bit about the different type of seats, where to buy them and have an idea of a price range.
With the following suggestions and advice, you will learn everything you need to know to get the best tickets.
Get your Seville bullfighting tickets now. And purchase them as early as you can!
Tip: The bullfighting season in Seville is relatively short. If you are travelling around Spain and happen to spend some time in Madrid, have a look at the official schedule to check if some date fits your itinerary. Madrid’s season is the longest in the world so chances are there will be a bullfight while you are there.
The best way to ensure you get good seats at a bullfighting is to order them online before you leave home. It’s just a couple of clicks away!
What is the best option to get your Seville bullfight tickets?
You have 3 options to purchase your bullfight tickets:
- You can get your tickets online. The purchasing process is extremely easy and you can ask for the tickets to be delivered at home. No waiting lines, risk of missing the fight or last minute negotiations with third parties.
- If you are more like a last minute person, you can always go to La Maestranza bullring and purchase your tickets at the office. But you risk not having tickets at all. In Seville, this is particularly true during the most popular festivals (Feria de Abril and Feria de San Miguel).
- Alternatively, tickets may be available through a reseller who will ask for a much higher price. You will easily find them wandering around La Maestranza looking for last minute clients. Don’t turn on them unless you really want to attend this fight or money is definitely not an issue. I strongly advise you against this option.
Seville bullfight tickets availability
Tickets are released a few days after the official dates are released. Depending on the event, bullfight tickets for a particular corrida can be sold in just a few hours.
So as you may have guessed, the sooner you get your tickets, the greater your chance of choosing the best seats.
And that is why I always recommend to purchase your tickets as soon as possible. In other words, get them as soon as you know the dates in which you will be traveling.
Again, your preferred option should always be purchasing your Seville bullfight tickets online.
Seville bullfight tickets prices
As with any other show, the price of a ticket depends on several factors:
- The better the seat, the more expensive it is.
- The further to the arena, the cheaper it is.
- If your seat is in the sun, the ticket is cheaper. On the contrary, if your seat is in the shade, the ticket is more expensive.
- Other factors that determine the price of the ticket are:
- The importance of the bullring.
- The type of festival.
- The bullfighters that participate.
Having this in mind, you should not be surprised if a ticket to attend a bullfight at Las Ventas in Madrid is more expensive than at La Maestranza. In similar fashion, you will pay more to see the biggest names in the industry than a beginner novillero.
Therefore, prices for corridas can go from less than 20€ to several hundred euros depending on where and when you buy it.
Type of seats at La Maestranza bullring
What are the best seats at La Maestranza?
In La Maestranza, the best seats are situated in the tendidos 1, 2, 3 and 4 because those tendidos are located on either side of the president’s box.
As you may have guessed, the closer to the arena, the better the seat (and the more expensive).
So the best rows in these sections are:
- Barrera 1ª fila.
- Barrera 2ª fila.
- Barrera 3ª fila.
- Tendido bajo.
- Sillón de Tendido.
These are the seats in La Maestranza that I recommend you, in order of preference.
- Barrera. The best and most expensive seats are located in the barrera, which are directly behind the wooden wall surrounding the arena. They are divided into rows (1ª, 2ª and 3ª fila with 1ª fila being the closest to the arena). All of them offer the best views.
- Palco bajo (only available in tendidos 1 and 2). They are next to the president’s box, so you will be seated right above the area of the arena where most of the action takes place and where presumably the matador will perform his faena.
- Tendido 1 or 2. Both are in the shade (sombra) and very close to the presidential box.
- Tendidos 1, 2, 3 or 4 (sombra). They provide the best value for money – you will benefit from the shade and you will have a good view.
La Maestranza seating capacity
La Maestranza has a seating capacity of 12,000+ and it is divided into 3 different areas. Each of these areas is divided into several sections or tendidos. In other words, a tendido is a “slice” of the bullring.
- Shade area (sombra): tendidos 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7. The best seats are always in this area. But they are also the most expensive.
- Sun and shade area (sol y sombra): tendidos 6 and 9. As the fight goes on seats become shaded. If you seat here you will be exposed to the sun first and, depending on its location, you will then be in the shade.
- Sun area (sol): tendidos 8, 10, 11, and 12. These are seats are the most uncomfortable because you will be dazzled by sunlight. Despite they are the cheapest ones, I suggest to avoid them particularly during the summertime.
Moreover, La Maestranza has different types of seats depending on their location and how close to the arena they are:
- Barrera (1ª, 2ª, 3ª fila).
- Tendido bajo.
- Sillón de tendido.
- Palco bajo (1ª, 2ª, 3ª, 4ª fila), only in tendidos 1 and 2.
- Tendido alto.
A look at La Maestranza seat map will help you visualizing the seats’ distribution.
How to get your Seville bullfight tickets online easily
The process to purchase your bullfight tickets online is very simple. Follow this step by step guide and you will complete the purchase in just a few minutes.
1. Select the bullfight you want to go to depending on your travel dates.
2. After what you have read in the previous sections regarding the seats specifications, have a look at the seating chart and select the area you want to sit in (sombra, sol y sombra or sol).
3. Select your seats. Remember that the closer to the arena, the better visibility these seats have but also the more expensive they are.
4. Fill out your personal details. At this point, you can also register (which is something that you should do) so that all your personal information is saved for future purchases. Confirm that all your personal information, and your email address in particular, is correct. Otherwise, you will not receive the confirmation email.
5. Select your payment method and fill out your payment details.
Once you receive the confirmation email, you are done!