Visiting Seville by car rental? Why? Without a doubt the city is better explored by foot!
The only reason to rent a car in Seville is just because you plan to travel out of the city and go to other great destinations in Spain (Madrid, Granada, Cordoba, Barcelona or the coast where you can spend a few days at some gorgeous beaches…).
But if you still want to travel by car, check this complete guide on where to book your rental car online.
The traffic system in Seville is complex and demands careful planning if you are not familiar with the city. So…
I don’t recommend using a car
A Seville car rental is definitely not recommended to get around within the city. Why?
- A large part of Seville’s tourist area is not accessible by car.
- Traffic can be heavy; it always feels like rush hour.
- Car parking in Seville is a pain in the neck. Most neighborhoods have parking meters and subterranean car parks are expensive.
- Driving on Seville’s ring roads (S-30 and S-40) is messy, complicated and is generally a stressful experience.
You should consider using any other means of public transportation:
And all of them are much cheaper than a rental car.
The conclusion here is that once you arrive, you should leave your car in a safe place and use the public transport system.
You plan a road trip around Spain
Planning a road trip around the country can be an excellent idea, particularly if you are traveling in a group or with your family. It’s a cost-effective way to get around the country.
In addition to this, you have the chance to visit several places at your own pace. This flexibility in your schedule allows you to stop whenever and wherever you want. And you can also explore off the beaten track locations.
While driving in Spain is very easy thanks to its modern road network, respect certain rules to avoid fines and accidents.
Finally, I always recommend getting an international driving permit even if it isn’t enforced.
To help you plan your road trip, have a look at
- A complete guide to car rental in Seville
- Getting to Seville by car
- All the destinations you can include in your road trip
Your road trip includes Seville
You are traveling around Spain by car. In this case,
- If Seville is the start or the end of your road trip, pick up your car on the day you leave or arrive to Seville.
- If Seville is one of the stops along the road, find a secure place to park your car. It can either be a public car park or your accommodation’s parking. Make sure you take all your personal belongings with you.
- If you plan to go on some day trips from Seville, read my recommendations for each destination.
This article is part of a complete tutorial about car rental in Seville where you can read all the information you need to organize your road trip around the country.
Here is a complete summary of all the guide:
1. Should you rent a car or take the train?
2. Driving in Seville: rules and recommendations
3. Do you need an International Driver’s Licence?
4. How to book your rental car online
5. How to find cheap rental rates?
6. Getting to Seville by rental car
7. Visiting Seville by rental car
8. Car parking in Seville