The Benito Villamarin hosts the home matches of Real Betis Balompie. The stadium was inaugurated in 1929, but was thouroughly renovated in 1982 to host two matches of that year’s UEFA World Cup, and in 2000. It has a capacity of 51,700 people.
The Real Betis Balompie, popularly known as Betis, were founded in 1907. They are, along with the Sevilla Futbol Club, one of Seville football clubs. The rivalry between both is quite fierce and the city is divided in half between Sevilla and Betis fans.
Probably one of the best afficions in Europe, ‘Beticos’ are the most intensive and loyal supporters of the Spanish League. Fans generally dance and sing theme songs and chants during the whole match, and they do so whether the team is winning or losing, whether it’s raining or under an ubearable heat. It is absolutely impressive.
Few fans are noisier, more numerous, more loyal or funnier than Betis’s. In fact, Betis is defined by a famous phrase binding pride and identity. Always written wrong according to the Andalusian accent, thousands shout “¡Viva er Betis manquepierda!” (Long live Betis, even if they lose!).
Betis supporters always enjoy themselves. Even if they lose. Join them.
How To Buy Betis Tickets
Start by checking the official calendar of matches and look for the dates when Real Betis Balompie play home. Note that the final date and time of the match are confirmed only a few days before. One more thing, the match usually takes place on a Saturday, Sunday or Monday. However, if the calendar obliges, matches may take place on other days of the week.
Next, pick the area of the Benito Villamarin where you would like to seat. A seating chart will help you choose the one that will suit you best.
Final step: purchase your tickets! No more waiting lines.
How To Get To The Benito Villamarin Stadium
Being relatively far away from the city center (around 3.5 km or 2.2 mi from the Cathedral), it is not advisable to go there by foot.
Actually, the best way to get there is to catch a bus (lines 1, 6 or 37). If your accommodation is located in the city center, just go to the Prado transport gateway and catch a line 1 or 37 bus. Both take you right to the stadium.
Have a look at the Tussam bus map for more information. The stadium is located in the C2 square.
Alternatively, you can catch a taxi. But before doing so, make sure you check the itinerary from your accommodation to the Benito Villamarin stadium and you have printed some basic directions. Doing so you can avoid potential scams from the driver, the main one being a ride following a longer route.
However, plan your transport ahead of time. Betis matches are extremely popular and it can be very difficult to reach the stadium as the match time approaches. It’s better waiting a bit longer at your seat for the match to begin than missing part of the action!
How To Experience The ‘Betis Tour’
The Betis Tour walks you through the most emblematic areas of the Benito Villamarin stadium. Vist the home team changing room, the press room, and the players’ tunnel. Additionally, you can access to different areas of the stadium, including the field grass and the radio box.
Book the ‘Betis Tour’ online and feel like a true Betis player!
Unfortunately the Real Betis Balompie official website is available only in Spanish, but it’s easy to go through following a few simple instructions.
1. Go to www.realbetisbalompie.es.
2. Click on Estadio at the top bar.
3. At the top of the screen, there are 3 buttons: Estadio Benito Villamarin, Ciudad Deportiva Luis del Sol and Betis Tour. Click on the latter.
4. Then, look for an orange button stating Solicitar visita and click on it.
5. Fill up the form:
- Dia de la visita: Click on the small calendar icon on the right of the field and choose the date. Once done click on Cerrar to close the floating window.
- Hora de la visita: Repeat the process to select the time of your visit. Please note that the system follows the military time (e.g. 17:00 equals 5pm).
- Persona de contacto: Insert your full name.
- E-mail: No translation needed!
- Telefono de contacto: Insert your phone. You can also provide your accommodation’s one, but make sure you prevent the hotel staff.
- Observaciones: Insert any relevant information.
- Tipo de visita: In your case, click on Particular and select the number of people you plan to go using the Nº de NO ABONADOS drop-down menu. Please make sure you use the NO ABONADOS to be charged with the correct price.
- Forma de pago: Select Efectivo to pay cash/credit card or Transferencia to wire the amount. In your case, check the Efectivo option – it’s much easier.
- Click to check the “He leido y acepto las condiciones de contacto” option and select one of the icons.
If you have any problem, you can contact the club management. All the details regarding the schedule and the contacting information can be found here.